Crowns and Adhesive Fillings
Implants & Oral Surgery
When you arrive for your first appointment, you will be asked to fill out the necessary health history forms and supply us with your dental benefits information (if you have any). Please be sure to bring your insurance card and a list of any medications you may be taking.Your examination will include:
1. All necessary radiographs (X-Rays)
2. A complete head/neck and oral cancer screening
3. Gum probing examination for any gum disease
4. A thorough exam by Dr. Schoenrock and discussion of your case. This will include a written estimate of all fees. You will then be scheduled for your services at a convenient time and comfortable financial arrangements will be made. Your comfort and peace of mind is important to us!
Over time our teeth begin to weaken and become more susceptible to problems such as decay, cracks, discoloration and others. If you feel your smile isn’t what it once was, adhesive fillings and crowns can help you recover your smile. If your dentist notices that a tooth is decayed or seems weakened/cracked a crown may be necessary to make sure that there are no additional problems with the tooth. In cases like this a filling or bonding will not be sufficient. Crowns can be made from porcelain, porcelain fused to metal, or a full gold crown. To maintain a natural look and feel a porcelain finished crown is best, as it can be matched to the shade of your other teeth. This will allow it to blend in and appear just like one of your natural teeth.Call us today if you would like to learn more about how crowns can help restore your smile.
Dr. Schoenrock is skilled at the placement and restoration of dental implants, which are a wonderful and conservative replacement for missing teeth. A titanium cylinder is painlessly placed in the jawbone and a porcelain crown is fabricated to restore your smile and chewing power.
In addition, we also have "mini-implants" which can be placed to stabilize a loose denture in ONE DAY! We also can remove hopelessly decayed teeth (including wisdom teeth) on our premises without referring you to other offices which may not be as convenient. Only rarely will you need the services of a specialist.
Any dentist can call themselves a "cosmetic dentist". We at Artisan Dental Center feel that the many different treatments that we offer to improve your smile truly earn us that title! Here are a few of them:
1. White, adhesive fillings to replace the older, black silver amalgam
2. Porcelain veneers for improving both shade and shape
3. All-porcelain crowns which have NO "grey line" near the gums
4. Simplified whitening (bleaching) of your teeth using NO expensive zoom-type light
5. Gum lifting to improve a "gummy smile"
6. Adult orthodontics in twenty weeks or less!